January 17, 2007

One less reason...


Photo credit: superfantastic on Flickr

I'm trying to hit the 5 R's of smoking cessation . There might be a number of roadblocks for smokers towards a successful quit date.

"Oh, I tried, but I had a hard time."
"I didn't know how to start."
"It's hard because I don't have any support."

If any of these reasons sound familiar, then you now have one less reason to continue smoking!

Here are some resources I found online that might help you, + 1 for doctors.

CME webcast for doctors

Office resources and patient education materials

Smoking: Steps to Help You Break the Habit
A good website from Familydoctor.org about smoking addiction and how to quit

National Network of Tobacco Cessation Quitlines
DDHS has a national quitline number, 1-800-QUIT-NOW
The toll-free number (1-800-784-8669) is a link to the national network of tobacco cessation quitlines

Nifty interactive Quitline map, showing local websites, phone numbers and services
http://www.naquitline.org/index.asp?dbsection=map&dbid=1

No comments:

Post a Comment